Because I just feel like it I’ll make a mini list of makeup, both drugstore and high end that I love.
*Note: These are not dupes, they are alternatives that I personally found work well*
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream $43
- Hourglass Mineral Veil face primer SPF 15 $19 / $54 / $75
- Benefit Erase Paste $26
- Nars Sheer Glow (Have not tried this yet but hear it’s amazing) $47
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation ( I like to use this as a powder or foundation) $28.50
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer $20
- Too faced Natural eyes Eyeshadow Palette (One of the least expensive yet amazing quality at Sephora) $36
- Urban Decay Eyeliner $20
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (yep, that’s really what it’s called, Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Tarte Light’s Camera Lashes Mascara $23 / $24 / $21
- Tarte Blush, Benefit Coralita Blush $28 / $29
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit $40
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer $30
- Dior LipGlow Pink $30
- Becca Highlighter $38
- GlamGlow Glowsetter makeup setting spray $32
1. Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day moisturizer SPF 30 $13
2. Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Primer $7.99
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer $8.99
4. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation $12.99
5. Essence Matte Powder $4.99
6. NYX High Definition eyeshadow base $6.99
7. Wet N’ Wild walking on Eggshells trio $2.99
8. Rimmel London Waterproof Retractable eyeliner $5.99
9. L’Oreal Miss Manga, L’Oreal Carbon Black, L’Oreal Telescopic / Maybelline Great Lash $7.99 / $7.99 / $9.99 / $5.99
10. Revlon RavishingRose (I don’t know why but at first I thought it was called ‘Racy Rose’) blush $10.99
11. Wet N’ Wild Ticket to Brazil Bronzer $4
12. Revlon Lip Butter, L’Oreal Colour Riche $5.99 / $8.99
13. Mario Badescu Face Spray $7
Begin with a moisturizer, because moisturizeing your face is IMPORTANT. Then, prime your face– some say this makes no difference whereas others like me find it vital so it lasts all day and goes on nice and smooth.
Onto face necessities, I wouldn’t say foundation is necessary because it’s important to not completely cover up, at least it’s a tip I carry when meeting someone new- and especially for an interview. Eyebrows are up to you, but I find filling mine in a task worthwhile since they may be accidentally covered in concealer and it tends to bring any look at all together on the face. I have with the dip brow, an essence eyeliner brush which I find works just as good as the matching $18 brush which sits next to the product on the shelf.
A cat eye is a bit much for an interview, so a nice brown smudge of a line with a slight flick at the end brings attention to the eyes without being overpowering. Mascara is a go-to no matter where I’m going I feel a little more put together with mascara on, and once again it brings attention to one’s eyes.
Blush is always a fun time; I have a matte and a shimmery one- its personal preference really. I like to go for shimmery coral because I find it looks natural and glowing whereas matte reminds me of fall and works best for a super natural approach. Along with powder (which should go on before blush) I would suggest using a setting brush instead of a giant fluffy one if just going with concealer.
Highlighter is to glow, and I am one who loves glowing haha. I also have a lip balm with color (completely go for Burt’s Bees because this is Dior and this was a splurge for me) so it’s not too much like lip gloss or lipstick can sometimes be. Setting spray to set the face and re-hydrate is next, if needed.
- Fresh Rose Deep Re-Hydration Face Cream
- Travel Size Benefit Porefessional
- Benefit Erase Paste (under eye circle miracle worker) in “Light 01”
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Dip Brow Pomade in “Soft Brown”
- Rimmel London Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer in “212 Rich Brown”
- Yves Saint Laurent BabyDoll Mascara
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-hour blush in “Glisten” / “Blushing Bride”
- Essence Powder in “10 Light Beige”
- Wander Highlighter in “Ivory”
- Dior Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm in “001 Pink”
- Mario Badescu Skin Care Facial Spray with Aloe, Herbs, and Rosewater