Lets talk about my favorite makeup. First, concealer. Now, I LOVE shape tape by tarte, but recently the born this way sculpting concealer has stolen my heart. I have two shades, I’m not the best at color matching but I try, what can I say.My all time favorite blush is coralista by Benefit cosmetics, it’s the most gorgeous coral that also has a highlighting effect. Rockateur is pretty cool too. Coffee and cream highlighter by Elf cosmetics (Heart Defensor) is BEAUTIFUL. I’m in love with the cream side, but will be getting a lot more use of the coffee side as I get tanner during the summer. Can’t beat it for $8. My all time favorite foundation is the Lancôme Teint Idole Ultra wear foundation. It’s SO GOOD. Honestly, anything by Lancôme is great I find.Tarte blushes I’ve grown a mini collection of and I just love them.I hope you’ve enjoyed this mini look into my makeup bag! Let me know what you keep and love down in the comments. 💖 I’m such a makeup junkie, I’d love to meet others!
I’m unsure if people are still into watching everyday makeup tutorials or seeing what someone likes a lot that they wear on their face everyday, but I still do, so, thought maybe someone would be curious to see what I might wear when I do an entire face of makeup.
1. Clinique dramatically different lotion
2. Fenty beauty primer
3. Panda brightening under eye base
4. Maybelline fit me dewy foundation
5. Too faced multiuse sculpting concealer
6. Supercat liquid liner
7. Great lashes lots of love mascara
7. Mini benefit hoola bronzer
8. Tarte blush in natural beauty
9. Wander Catch the light highlighter in ivory
10. Burt’s bees cucumber mint lip balm
11. L’Oréal lipstick in 985
12. Smashbox primer water
I finally added another lip to my collection of makeup that is forever a favorite– the Dior lipglows.
I am a BIG fan of these.
The new edition is the shade Berry, and I’m into it.
The first one I tried and reviewed was the pink one which you can find here.
I now have two of them and I love them a lot. This might be the first lipstick anything (besides the Lancôme lip lover gloss – RIP) that I actually want to buy every shade of.
The quick sum up of these are that they give your lips a lit from within glow, they are sheer, yet buildable, and they morph into your own perfect shade in whatever color you choose. Don’t believe me? Here is the before and after:
I say give at least one a try – I get the hesitation due to the price tag ($34), thus why I waited nearly a year later to buy another one, but, if you are into having a little “glow” whether it’s foundation, eyeshadow, what have you… why not try it on your lips?
As cheesy and odd as this may sound these have been a life-changer for me and I’d hope maybe they would be for other people too.
And yes, yes I am saying that about a damn lip balm.
This is a mascara I LOVE. It goes way back with me all the way to when I was around 15 and really began loving makeup. I would always borrow or be given my moms mini travel size to use and it’s always been one I’ve been in love with because of memories (my moms still around don’t worry haha) and simply that it’s an amazing mascara.
It’s about $27.50 at Sephora and Ulta and there are a bunch of other mascaras Lancôme makes in case you wanted to check others out. My moms favorite is definicils. 🙂
The brush is not plastic, it is in fact a brush and it’s a bit curved, a bit like an “s” so it grabs every lash well (at least for me). It also smells great! Nothing special really, just fresh. If you really want a mascara that has a scent the YSL babydoll mascara has a nice rose scent. 🌹
I’m wearing this eyeshadow, I’m wearing this full face of makeup, or at least what *I* consider a full face of makeup— for Myself.
I’m not wearing it because social media told me to.
I have a choice.
I have an option of whether or not I want to wear makeup.
Everyone seems to try to pinpoint what is “right” and what is “wrong” all the time, or they try to keep on everyone’s side to seem like they aren’t bias.
Now let me tell you, I care, I do. I care a lot about everyone I meet, what people think of me (semi-sometimes) because everyone feels this way, it’s just natural to care.
Everyone questions “am I good enough, is this winged liner even, do I even feel like wearing foundation today… no, but I’m going to wear it anyways because there’s this cute guy in my class and in order for me to work up the courage to even look at him I have to look inside my soul, find this confidence that’s buried somewhere, and LET IT FREE by wearing whatever make-up makes me feel damn GOOD on this day.”
Yes, that sentence was completely bombastic and slightly unnecessary.
But the key thing to remember out of what I just said is confidence.
Everyone has it, it’s fueled by different things. Me for instance, I do better at life in general when I feel like myself, when I feel good, whether that’s with make-up or without.
There used to be a time where I wore make-up because I felt like I had to. I felt naked without it, or I felt just completely not myself.
And sometimes I still do feel that way, but I’ve noticed the caring on that level has SUNK, let me tell you.
I went out in public, with no makeup, hadn’t washed my hair, I looked like I was going through a crisis slightly, because I kinda sort of was, and I took a smoothie to this guy that sort of liked me but I wanted to be clear we were just friends and I thought he was sweet.
SoooooOoOoooOOOOOO I went back in the house and immediately was asked “what, you went out like that?” and I said “yes, who cares? If he likes me anyways then he needs to see the real me, and accept me, right?”
*laughs at self *
ohhh my goddd
And then the other person just looked at me and smiled probably internally screaming “what happened to you?!?!?!”
But seriously, I’m sitting here telling you that you don’t have to do what everyone else is doing to feel good about yourself.
You don’t have to wear a full face of makeup; you don’t even have to wear any make-up.
And yes I know there are girls that exist who do both proudly and props to you, I am that person too—sometimes.
But the truth is, I just love makeup. And, I also just love rubbing my eyes.
Everyone stresses about being liked but it’s all about doing whatever you like— that will help you achieve this happiness and validation you’re searching for.
And if you’re really looking for likes, you need to be yourself. An original, not a copy of a neighbor or celebrity; you’ll be surprised how many positive responses you get when you yourself feel good about what you’re doing, wearing, and putting out into the world.
*P.S. I sort of want to film a video on this, do you have any thoughts on it? Am I missing anything or do you sort of relate to me at all? I’d love to hear. 🙂
Because I just feel like it I’ll make a mini list of makeup, both drugstore and high end that I love.
*Note: These are not dupes, they are alternatives that I personally found work well*
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream $43
- Hourglass Mineral Veil face primer SPF 15 $19 / $54 / $75
- Benefit Erase Paste $26
- Nars Sheer Glow (Have not tried this yet but hear it’s amazing) $47
- Bare Minerals Original Foundation ( I like to use this as a powder or foundation) $28.50
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance Eyeshadow Primer $20
- Too faced Natural eyes Eyeshadow Palette (One of the least expensive yet amazing quality at Sephora) $36
- Urban Decay Eyeliner $20
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara (yep, that’s really what it’s called, Benefit They’re Real Mascara, Tarte Light’s Camera Lashes Mascara $23 / $24 / $21
- Tarte Blush, Benefit Coralita Blush $28 / $29
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit $40
- Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer $30
- Dior LipGlow Pink $30
- Becca Highlighter $38
- GlamGlow Glowsetter makeup setting spray $32
1. Olay Complete Daily Defense All Day moisturizer SPF 30 $13
2. Rimmel London Fix and Perfect Primer $7.99
3. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer $8.99
4. L’Oreal True Match Lumi Foundation $12.99
5. Essence Matte Powder $4.99
6. NYX High Definition eyeshadow base $6.99
7. Wet N’ Wild walking on Eggshells trio $2.99
8. Rimmel London Waterproof Retractable eyeliner $5.99
9. L’Oreal Miss Manga, L’Oreal Carbon Black, L’Oreal Telescopic / Maybelline Great Lash $7.99 / $7.99 / $9.99 / $5.99
10. Revlon RavishingRose (I don’t know why but at first I thought it was called ‘Racy Rose’) blush $10.99
11. Wet N’ Wild Ticket to Brazil Bronzer $4
12. Revlon Lip Butter, L’Oreal Colour Riche $5.99 / $8.99
13. Mario Badescu Face Spray $7
Ever since I randomly stumbled upon the new blush by Benefit on an Australian website,”Galifornia” has been on the top of my list- because I knew it was one that I’d fall head over heels for. Galifornia is the absolute reason I splurged a bit today…
I went to Ulta, and I went to a corner store afterwards (mainly to pick up some mucinex for my mom who has a cold; keep away from sneezers people it’s cold / allergy season).
And yes, I did take these photos outside. 🙂 The best lighting is there, and today was a nice day anyway’s so psh if you judge me.
Onto the things at Ulta:
1. Soap and Glory ‘Clean on Me” shower gel.
2. Soap and Glory Super cat liquid liner pen (which slightly terrifies me, but less than the super cat fat liquid liner unless I was going for a thick liner look which I rarely do) in “jet black”. Still a hard-core dollywink eyeliner fan. 😉
3. Benefit Cosmetics “Galifornia” Blush. Fun spin on California, which I’m hoping / wishing to go to in June for VidCon. I’ve read some reviews on it that mention the golden overlay disappearing after 5 swipes and while that’s most likely true, I still felt the need to buy it. It looks like summer, it smells like summer, it simply reminds me of summer. Plus, Coralista my all time favorite blush ever to exist which always comes from Benefit reminds me a bit of this by glancing at it. Not entirely sure if it will resemble it all but either way I have a gut feeling I’m going to love it. ^_^
Onto the things at the corner store:
- Herbal Essences Body Envy shampoo
- Herbal Essences Body Envy Conditioner
- Revlon Eyelash Curler (my old one was soooo overused that I threw it out a month ago and haven’t used one since)
- Curad Bandaids just because I’ve always wanted to try these and what better a time to buy some when someone needs one and there are none in the house.
That is the mini look into what I bought today!
Hope you enjoyed reading, do you know of anything I should keep my eye out for make-up wise, hair wise, book wise, or all sorts of wise?
Today I put on a face of determination. That includes a flick on the eye, a bold lip for a change, and a smirk. Everyone has different faces for different moments and different environments, but I have only ever had one face. Whether it be painted to the hilt, or bare; I have always had the same face and I will always have the same face. Walking outside, in a world I’m not most familiar with, I am recognized and in turn I am in shock. I was under the impression that wearing a lot of makeup drowns a person and creates a false image, whereas people still recognize me with or without makeup- even when I believe I am painting a false image. It’s because I don’t change my face to the point of it being someone else’s; is what I was told. Facial modes will change given time and given challenges, but I will forever have the same face. I’ve always admired different characters, different books, different stories, simply being different. But maybe I don’t have to be different, because I’m already an original. I will not place myself under my own telescope anymore. I will not listen to those who give me questioning looks, or pick at me from their throne of life’s lies, I am here to be one person and love myslef. I am determined to prove that I only paint a face of truth.
I’m not sure if I’ve ever talked about the Bare Minerals original foundation before, but I’m going to do it now whether or not I have. 🙂
It is AMAZING.
It comes in two different formulas: original and matte.
It has SPF 15.
It can be used as a foundation or a powder.
It makes you’re face look flawless.
I have the shade “medium beige” in the original formula which is $27.50, in an un-screwable packaging.
The downside is that it can be messy- so i tend to tap away excess either over the sink or on the side somewhere AwAY from my clothes. I definitely don’t suggest applying it while sitting down in an almost all black outfit, but you can try it if you dare.
Another iffy thing is the packaging for the bare minerals foundation looks just like the packaging for their mineral veil powders and blushers etc. which is no big deal but can be for some; if someone is shopping in a rush and picks up the wrong formula or more expensive product than say a $22 product (As you can see I thought of one of the worst-case scenarios as per usual).
Let me know if you’ve used these before, and what one 🙂